Army Secretary confirms there are ‘no investigations’ into Lt. Col. Vindman
Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy confirmed on Friday afternoon that there are “no investigations” into Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman.
“Col. Vindman was scheduled to come back to the Army — he was detailed to the National Security Council — by a May, June timeframe, so we brought him back,” McCarthy said at the National Press Club. “He’s got basically a bridging assignment for a couple months, at HQDA, and then will be heading on to a senior service college this summer.”
“There’s no investigations there.”
Vindman was transferred off the NSC last week, along with his brother, and moved back to the Department of the Army.
Vindman was on the July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, which was at the center of the impeachment hearings, and spoke with House investigators about what he heard after being subpoenaed to testify.
This week, President Donald Trump raised the possibility of Vindman being investigated by the military for his role in the House’s impeachment inquiry last fall.
“That’s going to be up to the military, we’ll have to see, but if you look at what happened, they’re going to certainly — I would imagine — take a look at that,” Trump said.
Read more here:: Task & Purpose